The mission of SIGDSA is:
To facilitate the exchange, development, communication, and dissemination of information about Decision Support, Analytics, Collaboration and Knowledge Management research and teaching issues in business, management, and organizational contexts among AIS members and in the larger community of IS/IT practitioners and scholars.
The Association for Information Systems (www.aisnet.org) is “the premier global organization for academics specializing in Information Systems.” AIS is an “international organization that seeks to identify, extend, unify, and communicate knowledge in information technology (IT), systems (IS), and management (IM).” In the past 10 years a number of Information Systems groups have merged with AIS. In January 2001, the ISWorld mailing list announced that the Association for Information Systems Board of Directors had decided to create Special Interest Groups (SIGs) in broadly defined IS research areas and requested proposals. DSS News of February 11, 2001 sought responses from people interested in forming an “AIS special interest group related to data management and decision support”. Dan Power’s DSS News column of March 3, 2002 summarizes the founding of SIG DSS. AIS Council approved SIG DSS in mid-December 2001. Six AIS members, S. Alter, J. Courtney, R. Sharda, V. Sugumaran, M. Turoff, and H. Watson, joined Dan in submitting the proposal for SIG DSS that was approved. In Fall 2002, the SIG DSS leadership team of Chair Dan Power and Secretary/Treasurer Ramesh Sharda was expanded to include Paul Gray (Claremont) as Founding Past Chair, Mike Goul (ASU) as Vice Chair, and Karen “Dowling” Corral (ASU) as Program Chair. At that time the scope was broadened to include knowledge management.
In Fall 2003, the by-laws of AIS SIG DSS were in the drafting process and an agreement was reached to merge the International Society for Decision Support Systems (ISDSS) with SIG DSS. As part of the merger, Clyde Holsapple (U. Kentucky) and Andrew Winston (U. Texas-Austin) joined the SIG DSS Advisory Board and in December 2003 AIS Council accepted our group’s by-laws formally creating AIS SIG DSS: ISDSS.
In Spring 2014, the SIGDSS board approved to rename the organization to SIGDSA (Special Interest Group on Decision Support and Analytics) to reflect the increased role of Analytics.
- Association for Information Systems (AIS) has honored SIGDSA as an Outstanding SIG, Chapter, or College for 2016. This is the third consecutive year that SIGDSA has been awarded Outstanding SIG for AIS (2014, 2015, and 2016). We would like to thank all our officers, members, sponsors, and partners for their continuous effort and time.
- SIGDSA has won the “Outstanding SIG” designation for 2015. We would like to thank everyone for their outstanding service to this SIG and helping SIGDSA achieve this recognition for two years in a row.
Upcoming SIGDSA Events:
- No upcoming events right now. We will update this space once we plan about an event.
Recent SIGDSA Events:
- On Sunday, December 10, 2017 SIGDSA successfully conducted the 2017 Pre-ICIS SIGDSA Symposium in Seoul, South Korea. The 2017 Pre-ICIS SIGDSA Symposium brought together academic and industry experts and professionals who share a common passion for research and pedagogy innovations in the field of business analytics and decision support science! This Symposium was a joint collaboration of the Association for Information Systems and Special Interest Group on Decision Support and Analytics (SIGDSA).
- 2016 Pre-ICIS SIGDSA/IFIP WG8.3 Symposium: Innovations in Data Analytics Sunday, December 11, 2016 in Dublin, Ireland. For more information on Pre-ICIS Symposium, we request you to visit https://preicis2016sigdsa.wordpress.com/.
2015 Business Analytics Congress was held December 12 to December 13th from 8am to 5pm (Omni Fort Worth Hotel, Texas, USA). Program Schedule for the event is available here: Keynote Speaker for the event was: Sherri Zink, Senior VP, Chief Data and Engagement Officer, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee. For more information visit the website bac2015.uncg.edu.
SIGDSA Annual Meeting at AMCIS 2015 was held August 14th (Friday), 6:00pm-8:00pm at Las Croabas B (First Floor), El Conquistador hotel (AMCIS Conference Hotel)
DSS2014 and IDSS Open Conference was held 2-5 June 2014 at the Universite Pierre et Marie Curie – Campus Jussieu, Paris, France. This event was jointly sponsored by IFIP WG 8.3* and AIS SIGDSA.